I. DUTIES OF OFFICERS
- Plan, with Board assistance, and convene the Annual Fall Meeting and the Annual
Spring Meeting (held in conjunction with AACTE), as well as other meetings of the
membership as may be called by majority at the Annual Fall Meeting, and preside
over all business meetings of the Council.
- Convene meetings of the Executive Committee as necessary and preside over them.
- Develop agenda for the Annual Business Meeting and meetings of the Executive
Committee, subject to the approval of these groups as the first order of business.
- With the advice of the Executive Committee, appoint members of committees.
- Establish such ad hoc and continuing study committees as deemed appropriate,
subject to the concurrence of the Executive Committee.
- Oversee the continuing upkeep of the CADREI website.
- Assume the responsibilities of the President should s/he be unavailable for any
- Plan and convene the annual New Deans Institute at the Annual Fall Meeting.
- Record the minutes of all Executive Committee and Business meetings of the
- Conduct all appropriate correspondence of the Council.
- Prepare and collect an evaluation of the Annual Fall Meeting, collate results, and
disseminate the results to the President.
- Serve as fiscal agent for the Council, including responsibility for billing all members
for annual dues, and disbursing funds upon appropriate receipts for all obligations
of the Council.
II. EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE
The Executive Committee shall serve as the planning committee for the annual
meetings. The Executive Committee shall also review applications for membership in
CADREI and recommend to the general membership for ratification those institutions
which meet the eligibility criteria. Finally, the Executive Committee shall propose actions
for consideration by the membership of the Council and act in behalf of the membership
on such matters as must be attended to between meetings of the Council. Members
shall commit to attending the Annual Fall and Spring Executive Committee and CADREI
Meetings, and to timely participation to electronic communications related to CADREI
Executive Committee matters.
A. The President shall appoint, immediately following the Annual Fall Meeting, a
nominating committee, whose responsibility is to nominate two (2) candidates for each
vacancy to be voted upon.
B. The nominating committee shall solicit nominations electronically from the membership
to construct a slate of candidates, obtaining assurance of the nominees that they will
serve if elected.
C. Officers will be elected by a majority vote conducted by electronic ballot.
IV. SUCCESSION IN OFFICE
A. In the event the President is unable to complete a term of office, the President-Elect or
Past-President shall serve the remainder of the year, at the conclusion of which any
elections necessary to recreate a full complement of officers will be held.
B. The Executive Committee shall appoint a member of the Executive Committee to fill the
duties of the President-Elect or Secretary if they are unable to complete their term of
C. The Executive Committee shall appoint replacements for any vacancies which may occur
in the offices of Treasurer or Executive Committee members-at-large. Those appointed
will serve until the next election.
V. TERMS OF OFFICE
A. President-Elect will be elected every other year. The President-Elect will serve one year
in that capacity, two years as President, and one year as Past-President.
B. All elected officers commence their terms of office at the termination of the Annual Fall
C. The Treasurer, Secretary, and Executive Committee members-at-large will be staggered
on a schedule determined by the Executive Committee.
The Constitution may be amended at any Annual Business Meeting of the Council by a
majority vote of the members present.
VII.CONSTITUTION EFFECTIVE DATE
- The constitution shall become effective February 16, 1966.
- Amendments to Constitution, October 12, 1976.
- Amendments to Constitution, February 21, 1977.
- Amendments to Constitution, October 15, 1982.
- Amendments to Constitution, February 27, 1985.
- Amendments to Constitution, November 15, 1988.
- Amendments to Constitution, October 22, 1996.
- Amendments to Constitution, September 18, 2013.
Modifications approved October 14, 2018.