The Council of Academic Deans from Research Education Institutions (CADREI) believes our institutional responsibilities rest on four premises:
- Equitable access to high quality education is the cornerstone of a just society;
- The survival of a free society depends on the effectiveness of its education system;
- Education is essential to the enhancement of professional preparation;
- The educational profession requires the development of effective partnerships with those we serve.
Accordingly, CADREI commits itself to:
- High standards of student selection and professional preparation;
- The conduct of inquiry and scholarship on learning, teaching, education, and related areas;
- The improvement of instruction in professional education programs;
- Enhancement of institutional capacity for research and dissemination;
- The application of the results of scholarship in all professional preparation and service programs;
- The improvement of education through efforts to influence policy and develop collaborative relationships with others.